luni, 30 noiembrie 2009

Movies to see in a lifetime

This is a short list of movies that are close to my heart for different reasons. For me they are timeles and I warmly recommend them. I'll try to write once in a while posts with my all time favorite movies, becouse I enjoy watching movies a lot and have a very long list of favorites.


 
"Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get."

The day I met my husband, he wore a t-shirt that said: "Stupid is as stupid does!", which was Forest's favorite remark. So, beside being a great movie it became special to me maybe for this reason too, and maybe this is why it is on top of my list. After a short while  I saw the movie and it became my all time favorite. The world will never be the same once you've seen it through the eyes of Forrest Gump.




"At least you'll never be a vegetable - even artichokes have hearts."


 Amelie, an innocent and naive girl in Paris, with her own sense of justice, decides to help those around her and along the way, discovers love. Like Forest, Amelie has her own way of seeing the world and her own ways of dealing with things. She likes to look for things no one else catches. I love Amelie for her ingenuity, cuteness, selflessness and sence of adventure.




"Buon giorno, Principessa!"

An unforgettable fable that proves love, family and imagination conquer all. This is the most wonderful story about love, courage, inner strength, a father's struggle to protect his child and the power to treat tragic situation with humor and hope. This is one of the movies I have cried a river.




"Sometimes The Simplest Idea Can Make The Biggest Difference."

Pay It Forward is a prime example of what films are supposed to do: make you laugh a little, cry a lot, and profoundly affect you in a way that keeps you thinking about the movie for weeks afterwards. It is not only a moving, inspiring and heart driven story but everybody who sees this film stops for a moment or more and think over the meaning of life.  Have a box of tissues handy. Or two.




"Stealin' Stones and Breakin' Bones "

Unscrupulous boxing promoters, violent bookmakers, a Russian gangster, incompetent amateur robbers, and supposedly Jewish jewelers fight to track down a priceless stolen diamond. This movie is smart, funny and has just the right touches of dark humour. The cast is great, top class actors, great performance, especially Pitt's, which was brilliant. I really love the way it was filmed and that every single actor in `Snatch' looks like they are having one hell of a good time working in the film. This story, while complex and with many ramifications from the core plot is absolutely brilliant and a lot of fun.


 

"71% of the Earth's surface is covered by water. That's a lot of space to find one fish."

I am Nemo's no. 1 Fan! I really am! I love animated motion pictures in general, but Nemo has a special place in my top; and in my heart.
It's a brilliantly animated masterpiece with lots of humor and a plot that really brings tears to your eyes from time to time. There are 3.7 trillion fish in the ocean and they're looking for one. For Nemo. No matter if you're 9 or 99 years old, Finding Nemo will bring a smile on your face and leave behind a warm feeling in your heart.



Niciun comentariu: